Here is a handy tip for all the new users of iPhone or iPad. Those users who want to change their default search engine on Safari. Safari is mostly used by the most of the iOS users. Safari can also let you to search on Google, Bing or Yahoo instantly.
The combined search bar of Safari will help you to search throughout the web and there is no need to open the Bing, DuckDuckGo, Google or Yahoo’s website first. You can easily put your query in the search bar and search for anything on the web. Put your query in the combined search bar and the results page will appear. Google is the default search engine.
Indeed, Google is the best search engine over the web but still if somebody wants to change the default search engine to something else instead of Google.
Here is the procedure that how to change the default search engine in Safari on your iPhone or iPad:
- Tap on the settings icon to open settings.
- Scroll down to Safari.
- Tap on the very first label that shows Search Engine.
- You can select any of the search engines from Bing, Google, DuckDuckGo or Yahoo!
- Close the settings app and close the Safari if it is opened in the background.
- Restart safari browser and use the combined search bar to search anything. Now you will be directed to the results page of the search engine that you have selected.
You can use only the four search engines as your default search engine (Google, DuckDuckGo, Yahoo, Bing). But keep in mind that you can use Safari with any of the search engine simply by typing the URL into the search bar and tap on the share to add a bookmark and can easily save your desired page as a bookmark.
DuckDuckGo is an interesting search engine and you can try it if you are conscious about your privacy. It is a new search engine that was launched in 2008. DuckDuckGo emphasizes your privacy and easy to use as well.